i'm struggling to understand artifacts dependency..
this is what i'm trying to achieve:
- create a new project to deploy nightly builds
- the nightly build should use the last working build from project y
- project y is being built with MSBuild.
- project y completes a build when a change has been made.
so here's what i've done so far:
- created a new project [project y nightly]
- created a build trigger: Schedule trigger: daily at hh:mm
- created a artifact dependency
- artifact dependency settings:
- Depend on: [Project Y] :: [configuration name]
- Get artifacts from: last successful build
- Artifacts path: [what do i enter here? how do i know what path to use? i want to use the build files which have been built from project y]
- Destination Path: \\[server name]\wwwroot\[application name nightly build]
- Clean directory before downloading artifacts: true
for testing purposes, i've manually entered the IIS location from project Y, so for example:
- Artifacts Path: \\[server name]\wwwroot\[application name]\*.*
i get the following error:
[11:59:55]: Absolute path is specified as destination directory: "\\[server name]\wwwroot\[application name nightly build]"
This is dangerous because some system files or files not related to this build can be deleted or overwritten on an agent.
Consider using relative path as destination directory.
[11:59:55]: Dependency resolving started...
[11:59:55]: Downloading artifacts from: http://[team city server]
[12:00:11]: Failed to download artifact dependency <[Project Y] :: [Config] (last successful build)>: Error looking up artifact dependency.
Cannot find last successful build in build configuration "[Project Y] :: [Config]".
This error can be caused by one of the following reasons:
- build referenced in the dependency does not exist
- build configuration does not exist
- build server URL is not specified correctly on the server configuration page
- there is not enough permissions to access this build configuration (jetbrains.buildServer.artifacts.ResolvingFailedException)
[12:00:11]: Failed to download 1 of 1 artifact dependencies
[12:00:11]: Dependency resolving finished
any suggestions on where i'm going wrong?i assumed it would copy everything from 1 directory to another.