MSBuild really slow

We've just started playing with the beta as a replacement for CC.Net. We are building one large sln file using MSBuild that contains many projects. It takes less than 10 minutes if you build it in visual studio or with CC.Net. It takes almost 40 minutes with TeamCity.

Could it be some misconfiguration on our server or agent? It is way too slow to be useful and I'm not even sure where to begin looking.

Also, at some point the build log starts returning an error:
Unexpected Error

Error message: An error occurred while getting property "defaultFilteredMessages" from an instance of class jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.DBHistoryEntry

Looking at the stack trace, I see a Stack Overflow error:
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.Vector.toArray(Vector.java:689)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.getSubMessages(BlockLogMessage.java:14)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(BlockLogMessage.java:6)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(BlockLogMessage.java:13)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(BlockLogMessage.java:17)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(BlockLogMessage.java:13)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(BlockLogMessage.java:17)
at
and it keeps going like that.

Sure looks like something has gotten in a bit of a loop.

1 comment
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Thomas,

Could you please send full build log file for that build.
Do you run MSBuild for MS VS2005 solution file?
Please send us your build file if you can.

--
Eugene Petrenko
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

TW> We've just started playing with the beta as a replacement for
TW> CC.Net. We are building one large sln file using MSBuild that
TW> contains many projects. It takes less than 10 minutes if you build
TW> it in visual studio or with CC.Net. It takes almost 40 minutes with
TW> TeamCity.
TW>
TW> Could it be some misconfiguration on our server or agent? It is way
TW> too slow to be useful and I'm not even sure where to begin looking.
TW>
TW> Also, at some point the build log starts returning an error:
TW> Unexpected Error
TW>
TW> Error message: An error occurred while getting property
TW> "defaultFilteredMessages" from an instance of class
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.DBHistoryEntry
TW>
TW> Looking at the stack trace, I see a Stack Overflow error:
TW> java.lang.StackOverflowError
TW> at java.util.Vector.toArray(Vector.java:689)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.getSubMess
TW> ages(BlockLogMessage.java:14)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(Block
TW> LogMessage.java:6)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(Block
TW> LogMessage.java:13)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(Block
TW> LogMessage.java:17)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(Block
TW> LogMessage.java:13)
TW> at
TW> jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.buildLog.BlockLogMessage.copy(Block
TW> LogMessage.java:17)
TW> at
TW> and it keeps going like that.
TW> Sure looks like something has gotten in a bit of a loop.
TW>


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.