[1611] CVS Aliases Not Working

First, thanks for the new EAP.

Unfortunately, it broke all my builds. The problem is that it does not handle CVS aliases correctly. Not sure if this is the correct term, but it involves defining a CVS module in CVSROOT/modules that contains real modules. For instance:

app-modules -a module1 module2
app-dev -d app-dev &app-modules

When I do:

% cvs -d :pserver:user@cvshost.com:/path/to/rep co app-dev

I get:

app-dev/
module1/
module1files/
module2/
module2files/

In earlier versions of TeamCity, I got:

buildAgent/
work/
path/to/rep/
module1/
module1files/
module2/
module2files/

In 1611, I get:

buildAgent/
work/
module1files/
module2files/

which doesn't work. If I define a target directory, I end up with them one level deeper, but still coliding.

Worse still, there are files which collide since, for instance, all modules have a build.xml file. So where before I would have:

buildAgent/work/path/to/rep/
module1/build.xml
module2/build.xml

I have:

buildAgent/work/
build.xml

Haven't checked to see which of the two build files ends up there.

--Tim

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the response!
I'll fix it ASAP
You can watch the bug request http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-816

--
Olesya Smirnova
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


"Tim McNerney" <intellij@oneofus.org> wrote in message
news:19306062.1158796922085.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

First, thanks for the new EAP.

>

Unfortunately, it broke all my builds. The problem is that it does not
handle CVS aliases correctly. Not sure if this is the correct term, but it
involves defining a CVS module in CVSROOT/modules that contains real
modules. For instance:

>

app-modules -a module1 module2
app-dev -d app-dev &app-modules

>

When I do:

>

% cvs -d :pserver:user@cvshost.com:/path/to/rep co app-dev

>

I get:

>

app-dev/
module1/
module1files/
module2/
module2files/

>

In earlier versions of TeamCity, I got:

>

buildAgent/
work/
path/to/rep/
module1/
module1files/
module2/
module2files/

>

In 1611, I get:

>

buildAgent/
work/
module1files/
module2files/

>

which doesn't work. If I define a target directory, I end up with them one
level deeper, but still coliding.

>

Worse still, there are files which collide since, for instance, all
modules have a build.xml file. So where before I would have:

>

buildAgent/work/path/to/rep/
module1/build.xml
module2/build.xml

>

I have:

>

buildAgent/work/
build.xml

>

Haven't checked to see which of the two build files ends up there.

>

--Tim



0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks.

I have replaced the single aliased entry with individual entries for each module and now have things building again.

--Tim

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.