I am having problems upgrading from a 2.1 production version to the most recent EAP (5725). I had this problem with 5644, but eventually got it right.
The error message in catalina.out is:
org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 6 of document file:/home/dev/.BuildServer/config/Apex/project-config.xml: Element type "vcs-roots" must be declared.
Here is what I've done (this is for a test system on a different box).
- Synced .BuildServer/config from the production system.
- Changed database.properties to point to a different database.
- Wipe the new database. No schema. No rows.
- Move .BuildServer/system out of the way.
- Create a new .BuildServer/system and copy version.data and license.keys to it.
- Start the server.
The contents of the version.dat are:
#Fri Oct 12 15:24:17 PDT 2007
I've tried with 117 and 127, also. And my original version has a third line:
No luck in any variation.