Support of IDEA 7.0 format project files?

I've recently switched to using the "Eclipse" format for storing dependencies in IDEA projects. This seems to have broken the TeamCity (build 5725) code inspections.

I'm guessing that this is because TeamCity is still using an older version of the IDEA core. If this is the case, is there hope for a build that has full 7.0 project file support?

7 comments

Hello Johannes,

Could you please be more specific?

Seems that 5725 should support eclipse file format for module files.

Thank you

-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

I've recently switched to using the "Eclipse" format for storing
dependencies in IDEA projects. This seems to have broken the TeamCity
(build 5725) code inspections.

I'm guessing that this is because TeamCity is still using an older
version of the IDEA core. If this is the case, is there hope for a
build that has full 7.0 project file support?



0

The situation is that I had inspections running happily, and then switched over to the eclipse module format. The inspection appears to be running fine, but the inspection results are not available when the build finishes.

I jumped to the conclusion that it was due to an older IDEA version being used - having now checked the log file, the issue might be somewhat different.

An unusual situation with my project is that it has a dependency on a directory of jar files, which I populate with a pre-build ant script (pulls jars via ivy). The logs show the following message: "Please configure library '/TeamCity/buildAgent/work/Agent/d3a5ca014aead5dd/server-common/target/external-deps' which is used in module 'server-common'"

This directory is the one that is pre-populated via ant/ivy. Checking after the build, the appropriate jars are in the right directory. Again, this worked fine until I changed the module format.

Also, the log ends with the following:

: Publishing artifacts (<1s)
: Will process paths:
: Publishing artifacts 'teamcity-info.xml' to root artifacts directory
: Artifacts path teamcity-info.xml not found

Is there another possible reason for failure that I might me missing?

null

0

The message regarding configuring libraries appears to be unrelated, as it also appeared in the successful builds using the IDEA format module defs.

0

Johannes,

It is very likely that the problem is the new file format. Could you please
attach agent log file?

Thank you

-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

The situation is that I had inspections running happily, and then
switched over to the eclipse module format. The inspection appears to
be running fine, but the inspection results are not available when the
build finishes.

I jumped to the conclusion that it was due to an older IDEA version
being used - having now checked the log file, the issue might be
somewhat different.

An unusual situation with my project is that it has a dependency on a
directory of jar files, which I populate with a pre-build ant script
(pulls jars via ivy). The logs show the following message: "Please
configure library
'/TeamCity/buildAgent/work/Agent/d3a5ca014aead5dd/server-common/target
/external-deps' which is used in module 'server-common'"

This directory is the one that is pre-populated via ant/ivy. Checking
after the build, the appropriate jars are in the right directory.
Again, this worked fine until I changed the module format.



0

Further investigation suggests this is actually a problem with IDEA's eclipse interoperability. It appears that adding a jar directory as a module library behaves as if it were a class directory after the project is reloaded when using the eclipse dependency format. I'll follow up with an an IDEA JIRA.

See http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEA-15768

0

Hello Johannes,

Thank you.

-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Further investigation suggests this is actually a problem with IDEA's
eclipse interoperability. It appears that adding a jar directory as a
module library behaves as if it were a class directory after the
project is reloaded when using the eclipse dependency format. I'll
follow up with an an IDEA JIRA.



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.