TeamCit 3.0 Problem: Multiple Agents as Window Services Problem

All:

I am trying to install multiple build agents on a Windows XP box configured as services. Installation of one agent as a service works fine. All additional agents will fail with the following error thrown by the Java Service Wrapper: CreateService failed - the specified service already exists.

Is there a solution to this short of running each additional agent directly rather than as a ser vice???

Thx,

-steve

3 comments

Ok. I got it.

As I suspected the problem is that the wrapper.ntservice.name and wrapper.ntservice.displayname properties weren't unique among agent instances.

Here's how to fix it:
Edit launcher/conf/wrapper.conf and change the following two entries:
wrapper.ntservice.name
wrapper.ntservice.displayname

ensuring that those values are unique to the agent. One can also update the wrapper.ntservice.description property although it is not required.

I will also enter a Jira issue against this.

-steve

0

Ok. I got it.

As I suspected the problem is that the wrapper.ntservice.name and wrapper.ntservice.displayname properties weren't unique among agent instances.

Here's how to fix it:
Edit launcher/conf/wrapper.conf and change the following two entries:
wrapper.ntservice.name
wrapper.ntservice.displayname

ensuring that those values are unique to the agent. One can also update the wrapper.ntservice.description property although it is not required.

-steve

0

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the issue.
That was a bug in the installer allowing you to install BuildAgent more
than once.
Right way for you case is to use .zip installation and configure all parametes
of agent by hand.
(or install one agent, and than copy-case its configuration files with
necessary changes)

I filed an issue in our Jira for the problem at
http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-4079

Thanks!


--
Eugene Petrenko
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Ok. I got it.

As I suspected the problem is that the wrapper.ntservice.name and
wrapper.ntservice.displayname properties weren't unique among agent
instances.

Here's how to fix it:
Edit launcher/conf/wrapper.conf and change the following two entries:
wrapper.ntservice.name
wrapper.ntservice.displayname
ensuring that those values are unique to the agent. One can also
update the wrapper.ntservice.description property although it is not
required.

-steve



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.