These are the facts:
We currently have 5 Version Control System (VCS) mappings from Team Foundation Server to the TeamCity server for:
- Architecture branch
- Checkout Redesign branch
- Dev branch
- Hotfix branch
- Prod branch
- We have 6 Build Configurations in TeamCity that each use one of the 5 VCS mappings
- 5 of the 6 Build Configurations in TeamCity work exactly as they are supposed to
- Only the "Build Solution - PROD" Build Configuration errors out periodically with the following message:
-- "Merchandising\Reports\UserTable.aspx.cs(46, 21): error CS0012: The type 'CompanyName.DataAccess.BaseDataManagerDB' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'CompanyName.DataAccess, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d6e20260ef7f03ff'. Merchandising\WebCategories\WebCategoryDetails.aspx.cs(253, 13): warning CS0168: The variable 'ex' is declared but never used /SiteAdministration.csproj/global.asax(1, 0): error ASPPARSE: Could not load type 'CompanyName.SiteAdministration.Global'."
- When this error occurs, it was NOT the code that was changed.
- Logging on to the Build Server, opening Visual Studio, and doing a "force get" on the PROD branch "fixes" the issue
- The issue remains fixed for awhile, but always resurfaces.
Any ideas on this one?