Broken change logs when

Evening all,

Curious one this: I'd been running TeamCity 3.1.2 out of a non-root location (i.e. my Program Files\TeamCity\webapps\ROOT was renamed Program Files\TeamCity\webapps\teamcity) without any problems.

I just upgraded to TeamCity 4.0 and am very impressed! However, everything related to my VCS changes seems broken now. For instance the 'My Changes' tab now throws the following exception:

Unexpected ErrorError message: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jetbrains/buildServer/web/util/CommentTransformer

Similar errors occur when accessing the change log pop-ups etc.

But, I changed my TeamCity installation back to ROOT and the problem goes away: all the changes functionality works just fine.

Anyone know what could be going on here?

Not a show-stopper but would be nice to get this resolved. Other than this, love the new release!

Cheers!


Andy

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Andy wrote:

Evening all,

Curious one this: I'd been running TeamCity 3.1.2 out of a non-root location (i.e. my Program Files\TeamCity\webapps\ROOT was renamed Program Files\TeamCity\webapps\teamcity) without any problems.

I just upgraded to TeamCity 4.0 and am very impressed! However, everything related to my VCS changes seems broken now. For instance the 'My Changes' tab now throws the following exception:

Unexpected ErrorError message: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jetbrains/buildServer/web/util/CommentTransformer

Similar errors occur when accessing the change log pop-ups etc.

But, I changed my TeamCity installation back to ROOT and the problem goes away: all the changes functionality works just fine.

Anyone know what could be going on here?

Not a show-stopper but would be nice to get this resolved. Other than this, love the new release!

Cheers!


Andy

---
Original message URL: http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/message/5228433#5228433


We are not aware of this problem.
Please submit an issue to jetbrains.net/tracker/workspace

--
Alexey Gopachenko
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

I experience the same problem after moving TeamCity Windows msi install from webapps/ROOT to webapps/teamcity.

Also after upgrading from 3.12 to 4.0.

Behavior noted not just in "changes" area, but throughout the app.

Thanks,
Jon

0
Comment actions Permalink

I appear to have fixed this error on my install. I did this:

1) Stopped TeamCity services.

2) Deleted all contents of the \webapp directory (\ROOT and/or \teamcity)

3) Re-ran the .msi.

4) Renamed the resulting folder \webapps\ROOT  to \webapps\teamcity.

So far so good.

-Jon

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.