We are using TeamCity Enterprise Version 4.5 (build 8944). We just recently bought enterprise license and I am still learning TC and trying to figure out the best setup for our company.
Here is a sample of setup I would like to discuss:
- PROJ3 (should not be part of TC)
Not all of the projects are going to be part of the TC / CI.
So I want to create one VCS pointed to the root and using triggers for different build configurations:
1) I set up VCS and pointed it to the root: REPO.
2) I set up Trigger for PROJ1 and set up checkout rules for root VCS :
3) Commiting some changes in PROJ1 the build is triggered as expected.
4) Now when I Commit some change in PROJ3 , I see (Pending 1) in the TC / PROJ1 build configuration. The build was not triggered as expected. The problem here is that Pending should not be displayed bacuase of the chackout rules.
5) Now I commit in the PROJ1 and build is triggered and pending change from 4) is included in the triggered build.
As far as I understand "checkout rules" don't work properly or something wrong with my setup / config.
I found this post http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/message/5230143#5230143 where Yegor Yarko replies:
"So if you filter out changes by checkout rules they are not shown as pending and do not trigger a build."
In my case Pendings are shown and included in the next triggered build.
Also I do not see "Add Trigger Dialog" in 4.5. It is removed from this release? : http://jetbrains.net/confluence/display/TCD4/Schedule+Triggers