I upgraded our TC server from v5.01 to 5.1 over the week-end and all of our builds have now started to fail. The problem seems to be related the new MSBuild runner. I've changed nothing to our build scripts which worked fine in v5.01. I only upgraded the server.
Some background about our build process:
- Using MSBuild 3.5 to target .NET 3.5 SP1 platform
- Main build is defined in Main\Pragma.OnKey5.proj msbuild file
- We setup TC to fire off targets in this build file using the TC MSBuild runner
- We also have the DB build defined in a Main\Sql\Pragma.OnKey5.DB.proj msbuild file
- The main build file calls into the DB build file to build the DB by invoking the BuildAllDB target defined in the DB.proj
- As part of the BuildAllDB target within the DB.proj build we useMicrosoft's MSBuild task to compile the Main\Sql\Pragma.Tools.DbConversion\Pragma.Tools.DbConversion.sln.
- TC fails as it tries to run the BuildAllDB target from the Main\Sql\Pragma.Tools.DbConversion\Pragma.Tools.DbConversion.sln.proj that of course doesn't exist.
Can you please urgently assist us. The CI server has basically come to a standstill because of the issue.
Find attached the log files from a build agent when the build fails and also the log files from the TC server itself. Let me know if you require any additional information.
Attachment(s):server logs.rar.zipagent logs.rar.zip