This morning I upgraded our TC instance from v6.5 to v7. Since then all builds have hung during the checkout process. The build cannot be stopped from the UI. It is necessary to stop the TeamCity Web Server and Build Agent services, which both end with an error. Afterwards it is necessary kill both the ssh and git processes and manually delete the build agent's work directory before the build will complete successfully. The build will complete successfully once after this is done, but will then hang the next time and these steps will need to be repeated.
Here is some information about my configurations:
- All code is stored in GitHub
- Each build configuration contains two VCS roots, which each checkout into their own subdirectory using a checkout rule
- Checkout mode is "automatically on agent"
- Checkout directory is "auto"
- I am NOT "cleaning all files before build"
- I'm authenticating with github using "default private key"
- my clean policy is "always" and my clean files policy is "all untracked files"
I recently updated another TeamCity instance from v6.5 to v7 and have experienced no problems. Although this instance works with the same repos on GitHub, it does have the following differences:
We actually use this instance of TeamCity to deploy our products to our production environments so we're pretty hampered by this. Any help any one could provide would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,Jeremy
- It does NOT use multiple VCS roots per configuration.
- It uses server side checkout instead of agent side.