I am setting up a simple deployment pipeline (additional stages will be added in the future). It includes three stages:
- Commit - Version Solution, Compile Solution, Run Code Analysis, Run Unit Tests
- Integration - Run Integration Tests
- Deploy to Test - Deploy to Test Environment
At the moment they are setup as three build configurations. The chain is as follows:
- Commit - triggered on check-in, no dependencies
- Integration - triggered on successful Commit build, snapshot dependency on Commit build
- Deploy to Test - triggered on successful Integration build, artifact dependency on Commit build (deployment package folder)
When I visualize the build chain it calls it "Integration". Furthermore the Deploy to Test build never shows up in the chain. I want to make sure I'm configured correctly based on the intent of the features. I tried to set the Deploy to Test artifact dependency to use "Build from the same chain" but it wanted me to setup a snapshot dependency as well. In that final stage I'm only interested in the artifacts - not the entire snapshot.
Is this the correct approach for building a pipeline in TC7? Is there any way to get the build chain tab to show right through to the end?