Artifact zip file corrupted in TC 7.1.1

We have a project that builds with artifacts from another project. The first project generates two artifacts which are the result of an msbuild step that creates the deploy package for two ASP.NET websites. The second project depends on those two artifacts so that it can deploy the websites.

What I am seeing in TeamCity v7.1.1 on a Windows Server 2012 machine is that one of the deploy packages (Artifact1.zip) is corrupted. If I download that file directly from the project overview page, it is fine and I can extract all of the files without any issue. I ran the website build project and checked the resulting dependencies to make sure they were okay, but for some reason, the deploy project keep complaining that the file is corrupted on download. Has anyone experienced this? I even tried adding the artfiact as a depenency in a different project. It's getting the corrupted file there as well.

Here is the output of the "Check artifact depenencies" button in the Dependencies section of the project configuration. Obviously the names for the projects and files were sanitized for public consumption. Any help would be very much appreciated.

[15:55:39]: Dependency resolving started...
[15:55:39]: Downloading artifacts from: http://builds.mycompany.com
[15:55:39]: Downloading Artifact1.zip from <Application-Web :: Application-Web (Build Sandbox), build from the same chain> to Artifact1\Artifact1.zip;
[15:55:40]: Failed to download artifact dependency <Application-Web :: Application-Web (Build Sandbox), build from the same chain>: java.io.IOException while unpacking archive C:\TeamCity\temp\dep2223960268664773070dep\Artifact1\Artifact1.zip: Truncated ZIP file (jetbrains.buildServer.artifacts.ResolvingFailedException)
[15:55:40]: Downloading Artifact2.zip from <Application-Web :: Application-Web (Build Sandbox), build from the same chain> to Artifact2\Artifact2.zip;
[15:55:41]: <Permits-Web :: Application-Web (Build Sandbox), build from the same chain> Artifact2.zip => Artifact2/Artifact2.zip (5 files unpacked)
[15:55:41]: Failed to resolve 1 of 2 artifact dependencies
[15:55:41]: Dependency resolving finished with errors

Gad

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Gad,

Would you mind sending us this archive for investigation?
please, use teamcity-feedback@jetbrains.com address and put this thread header in the e-mail's subject field

0
Comment actions Permalink

Okay, I sent the log file over.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm having the same problem with the same exception.

It seems there are problems with zip archives which contain exes. When my zip file contains web application (ASP.NET MVC for example), then it works fine.
But all my zip files which contain exes fail to unpack.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Huh, that's strange because we have two ASP.NET MVC apps that are built in a single solution. One of the apps packs and unpacks without any errors. The other app fails. It's the bigger of the two (~10MB), but we don't add any extra executables to the package.

I was asked for the artifact, but I'd prefer not to send it over mostly because the valid one contains our database connection strings, our application, and other goodies that I'd rather not share. I'm wondering if there is a way to test this locally with logging output that will be useful for the TC team. In the mean time, I'm going to have to add a curl step to d/l the artifact and unzip it into a folder. It's not as cool as a solution, but it will get me working until we can sort out this bug.

0
Comment actions Permalink

In my case there are several different applications built from single solution. One of them is for example asp.net mvc application, which is about 15mb in size. And it unzips fine. All other packages contain executables, but the size of the zip files are much smaller, about 6-9 mb. But none of them unzips with teamcity.

All the zips are fine, we are using them for months. But teamcitys unzip feature seems just not to work...

0
Comment actions Permalink

So, I am now downloading the artifacts with team city just by adding them in the artifact dependency text box. However, I am using 7zip to unzip them. Your assertion seems to fit with our experience, the TC unzip function is what is failing.

0
Comment actions Permalink

One more thing I noticed - when viewing artifacts under build (artifacts link on successful build) and opening zip through + sign, then it seems to work fine with all our archives.
Though, I'm not sure if it uses same unzipping processes as a build step.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Seems it is working now, in TC 7.1.3. Although I didn't see any specific fixes in change log...

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.