Testsuite Service Messages - broken? (No - fixed my code)

Hi,
I'm struggling to get TestSuite Service Messages to work. I've attached a simple program (source and binary) that uses the JetBrains Service Messages library available on nuget. When running this program as a build step in TeamCity (7.1.5), I would expect 2 sets of 2 tests to appear... there's currently one set of 4 tests attached to 'root'. Am I doing something wrong?

In the attachment, the program binary path is ".\TeamCityServiceMessageExpt\bin\Debug\TeamCityServiceMessageExpt.exe"

Here's the raw output produced:

##teamcity[testSuiteStarted name='Project A Pointset Tests' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.298+0000' flowId='1024']
##teamcity[testStarted name='Point domain converter' captureStandardOutput='false' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.308+0000' flowId='67108864']
##teamcity[testFinished name='Point domain converter' duration='100' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.308+0000' flowId='67108864']
##teamcity[testStarted name='Point to polygon' captureStandardOutput='false' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='100663296']
##teamcity[testFinished name='Point to polygon' duration='100' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='100663296']
##teamcity[testSuiteFinished name='Project A Pointset Tests' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='1024']
##teamcity[testSuiteStarted name='Project B Polygon Tests' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='134217728']
##teamcity[testStarted name='Polygon to surface' captureStandardOutput='false' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='167772160']
##teamcity[testFailed name='Polygon to surface' message='Failed' details='No details' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='167772160']
##teamcity[testFinished name='Polygon to surface' duration='100' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='167772160']
##teamcity[testStarted name='Split polygon' captureStandardOutput='false' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='201326592']
##teamcity[testFinished name='Split polygon' duration='100' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='201326592']
##teamcity[testSuiteFinished name='Project B Polygon Tests' timestamp='2013-05-20T13:54:23.309+0000' flowId='134217728']


Here's how it appears in TC:
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Luke



Attachment(s):
TeamCityServiceMessageExpt.zip
2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Nevermind, I fixed it. I made two changes, I'm not sure which did it. Change #1: Reused writer instances (i.e. one call to TeamCityServiceMessages.CreateWriter) - this ensures consistent flowId. Change #2: wrapped all test suites in one 'root' test suite.

0
Comment actions Permalink

TeamCity expects that all messages within a test suite have the same FlowID.
We have this request filed in TW-10587, but as I understand, in your case this behavior does not cause any issues.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.