Due to the size and complexity of our Maven build our build times are still excessive even using the incremental building feature. On change TeamCity determines the following:
- Directly affected modules
- All affected modules
- Required dependency modules
For us the "Required dependency module" results in our builds taking far too long.
- Module C depends on B, which depends on A
- I make a change to module B
- Directly affected modules: B
- All affected modules: B and C
- Required dependency module: A
- TeamCity builds A, B then C
In our large Maven build "Required dependency module" can result in a lot of modules being built that don't need to be; how can we turn off the "Required dependency module" phase?