We are evaluating TeamCity to become our primary build server, trying to launch CI for feature-brancingh dev approach. So far so good... Beside the email notifications :( TeamCity doesn't send emails about build failures!
- Ubuntu server 14
- TeamCity 9.1.3 (build 37176)
- Email Notifier is configured (test emails work like a charm)
- 3 projects/build configurations set up for feature-branching
- git (GitLab) over ssh
- No custom notification rules
- TeamCity detects users (I've got correct staff in Changes menu)
Here is the scenario:
- Just to be sure I open My Settings & Tools -> Notification Rules -> Email Notifier (0/2) . There are "Rules inherited from the group All Users (Contains all TeamCity users):", watching
- Builds with my changes
- System wide events
- I commit non-compilable code into a feature-branch
- TeamCity detects changes and lauches a build
- The build fails
- I get no email from TeamCity
- In teamcity-notifications.log it's clear that notification is triggered but no suitable users was found ("Selected 0 users with matching notification rules")
So, two questions :)
- What does "(0/2)" means in My Settings & Tools -> Notification Rules -> Email Notifier caption?
- How can I tune email notifications to make them work?