We have a number of Maven projects for which we're using TeamCity. We would like to achieve a sequence of hierarchical nature, for instance:
- project A / build configuration for A in TeamCity / has a VCS trigger for A only
- project B / build configuration for B in TeamCity / has a VCS trigger for B only
- project B depends on project A
1) A changes. Desired effect: build A, then rebuild B.
2) B changes. Desired effect: build B. Use latest existing build results for A.
3) A and B change simultaneously in the same check-in. Desired effect: build A, then build B.
We can make use-case 1 work no problem.
We can make use-case 2 work no problem, with additional trigger on TeamCity build of A.
Our issue is mostly use-case 3. How do we ensure that A is built first then B is built upon a simultaneous check-in?