Xml TestReporting plugin is not importing test results correctly.

Hi All,

         I am using Teamcity 4.5 (build 8944) and i am using Msbuild as a build runner. I am invoking multiple test assemblies using the msbuild task and it exports the test results to multiple files. I have enabled the "Import XML Test reporting" and the Nunit-report watcher identifying the test results but its displaying the first xml file information only..

Could you please let me know, how to i import the 3 xml fies to Teamcity server...

Thanks & Regards
Kiran

Message was edited by: Asileti Kiranbabu

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Asileti,
     Could you please copy here your XML Report Processing settings from the Team City web UI and attach build log and agent log with debug mode enabled if possible.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

     Thanks for your quick reply.  I am using Msbuild as a build runner and i have implemented my custom tasks to execute same test assembly multiple times with different session mode and session character set. Now i am able to exports the test results to xml file for each session mode and session character set.

Here i am attaching the screenshots of the build runner page settings information and build log information.



Attachment(s):
buildlog.txt
Testresults.JPG
NunitreportWatcherlog.JPG
NunitReportWatcherinformation.JPG
Webuisettings.jpg
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

     Thanks a lot for attaching the screenshots.

     As you see the watcher finds all three of your reports, but only the first comer is processed. The wherefore of skipping two following assemblies is that they have the same name as the first one (it's not a bug, but the feature necessary in many cases). You may check, that logging on these skipped suites comes in verbose mode as "... suite(s) skipped".

     We'll try to find out how to process assemblies with identical names but different session modes, session character sets and so on like in your case. As a quick workaround advise you to give them different names if possible.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. I think, as per my knoweldge we unable to rename the assembly file, once we build the solution. I have tried to rename the assembly for each session mode and session character set, but i couldn't succeeded.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Astileti,

It will be certainly helpful for us to see the entire build log with verbose mode turned on and examples of reports containing assemblies with identical names but different session modes to reproduce your issue. To conceal this data from public review you may send them to teamcity-feedback@jetbrains.com.

I created an issue at JetBrains tracker http://www.jetbrains.net/tracker/issue2/TW-8815 , please see.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. Here i am attaching the build logs, which were created with Verbose mode setting enabled.

Thanks & Regards
Kiran



Attachment(s):
buildinfo.txt
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

thank you for the attachment. The bug is fixed. Please, update the plugin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

    Thank you very much

Thanks & Regards
Kiran

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.