Perforce configuration problem

I'm evaluating Team Server for use at our company. I'm trying to
build a sample project using a perforce server I set up on my pc just
for this test. I can sync the files on my machine using the client
spec I created, but when teamserver tries to get the files for a
build, it fails. The build log reads:

Checking for changes (<1s)
Building in C:\sw\TeamServer\buildAgent\work\myapp
Getting project sources (<1s)
Problem getting current sources version

The agent window is spitting out these messages:

INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Found runner
Ant for [BuildInfo {idea.build.server.checkout.on.server=true,
idea.build.server.run.type=Ant,
idea.build.server.project.name=myapp,
idea.build.server.buildType.id=buildType1,
idea.build.server.build.id=3,
idea.build.server.is.personal=false}]
INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Applying patch...

INFO - Server.vcs.patches.PatcherImpl - Cannot apply
patch: Problem getting current sources version

INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Patch applied
in 0 seco nds

I'm guessing I've made a newbie mistake in my configuration. Here's my
project-config.xml file:

myapp for teamserver run compile target ]]>


The path I provided for checkout-root is the root of my client:

$ p4 client -o teamserver
...
Root: c:\projects\teamserver
...
View:
//depot/myapp/... //teamserver/...


Sorry for the info dump, but can anyone see where I've gone astray?
Or maybe you could point me to a working project configured to use
perforce, so I can see how it's set up?

Thanks.

--
-- Steve

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Steve,

Steve Allan wrote:

I'm evaluating Team Server for use at our company. I'm trying to
build a sample project using a perforce server I set up on my pc just
for this test. I can sync the files on my machine using the client
spec I created, but when teamserver tries to get the files for a
build, it fails. The build log reads:

Checking for changes (<1s)
Building in C:\sw\TeamServer\buildAgent\work\myapp
Getting project sources (<1s)
Problem getting current sources version

The agent window is spitting out these messages:

INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Found runner
Ant for [BuildInfo {idea.build.server.checkout.on.server=true,
idea.build.server.run.type=Ant,
idea.build.server.project.name=myapp,
idea.build.server.buildType.id=buildType1,
idea.build.server.build.id=3,
idea.build.server.is.personal=false}]
INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Applying patch...

INFO - Server.vcs.patches.PatcherImpl - Cannot apply
patch: Problem getting current sources version

INFO - rver.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl - Patch applied
in 0 seco nds


You can take a look at AlbusTomcat/bin/team-server.log to get more debug
information. BTW, in the next EAP we plan to provide more easy way to test and
debug connection problems.

<project id="project1">
<description>myapp for teamserver</description>
<vcs-roots>
<vcs-root type="perforce" checkout-root="c:\projects\teamserver">
<param name="user" value="stevea" />
<param name="p4-exe" value="c:\sw\perforce\p4.exe" />
<param name="depot" value="//depot" />


you should use //depot/myapp/... here ^^

<param name="client" value="teamserver" />
<param name="port" value="localhost:1600" />
</vcs-root>
</vcs-roots>


Hope, this helps

KIR

--
Kirill Maximov
Software Developer
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

"Kirill Maximov (JetBrains)" <Kirill.Maximov@jetbrains.com> writes:

>Hi Steve,
>
>Steve Allan wrote:
>> I'm evaluating Team Server for use at our company. I'm trying to
>> build a sample project using a perforce server I set up on my pc just
>> for this test. I can sync the files on my machine using the client
>> spec I created, but when teamserver tries to get the files for a
>> build, it fails.

snipped...

>

You can take a look at AlbusTomcat/bin/team-server.log to get more

>debug information. BTW, in the next EAP we plan to provide more easy
>way to test and debug connection problems.

Here's the log entry:

WARN - dTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader - Cannot load changes
jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.VcsException: Could not establish connection!
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsCommandExecutor.
executeCommand(CvsCommandExecutor.java:6)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.RLogCommandExecutor.
executeRLogCommand(RLogCommandExecutor.java:3)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsChangesProvider.
collectChanges(CvsChangesProvider.java:5)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsSupport.
collectBuildChanges(CvsSupport.java:12)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader.
loadChanges(VcsChangesLoader.java:0)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.ProjectImpl.
loadChanges(ProjectImpl.java:112)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.ProjectImpl.
checkForModifications(ProjectImpl.java:143)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl.
checkForModifications(BuildServerImpl.java:496)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$2.
doSomething(BuildServerRunner.java)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$
BuildServerWorker.run(BuildServerRunner.java:8)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
INFO - dTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader -
perforce, set version: null

That doesn't really mean much to me. I suppose I could try setting
the logging level to something higher to see how it's trying to
connect.

>
>
>> >> myapp for teamserver >> >> >> >> >> >]]>

you should use //depot/myapp/... here ^^


That was what I originally had, but just to be sure I set it back, and
got the above message. I also tried changing my port form
localhost:1600 to stevea-gx270:1600 - same message.

If you think more verbose logging would help and can show me how to
turn it on, I'll give that a try. I've run out of ideas. I'd love to
get this working as it looks very promising.

Thanks!

--
-- Steve

0
Comment actions Permalink

"Checkout root" is relative path in working directory (on an agent) and the
value makes sence if there are several vcs roots. Try to use empty string
here.
BTW, did you define your p4 password for the connection?

"Steve Allan" <takezowest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:h517j3iyv8y.fsf@stevea-gx270.attachmate.com...

"Kirill Maximov (JetBrains)" <Kirill.Maximov@jetbrains.com> writes:

>
>>Hi Steve,
>>
>>Steve Allan wrote:
>>> I'm evaluating Team Server for use at our company. I'm trying to
>>> build a sample project using a perforce server I set up on my pc just
>>> for this test. I can sync the files on my machine using the client
>>> spec I created, but when teamserver tries to get the files for a
>>> build, it fails.
>

snipped...

>
>>
>> You can take a look at AlbusTomcat/bin/team-server.log to get more
>>debug information. BTW, in the next EAP we plan to provide more easy
>>way to test and debug connection problems.
>

Here's the log entry:

>

WARN - dTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader - Cannot load
changes
jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.VcsException: Could not establish connection!
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsCommandExecutor.
executeCommand(CvsCommandExecutor.java:6)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.RLogCommandExecutor.
executeRLogCommand(RLogCommandExecutor.java:3)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsChangesProvider.
collectChanges(CvsChangesProvider.java:5)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.cvs.CvsSupport.
collectBuildChanges(CvsSupport.java:12)
at jetbrains.buildServer.buildTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader.
loadChanges(VcsChangesLoader.java:0)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.ProjectImpl.
loadChanges(ProjectImpl.java:112)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.ProjectImpl.
checkForModifications(ProjectImpl.java:143)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl.
checkForModifications(BuildServerImpl.java:496)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$2.
doSomething(BuildServerRunner.java)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$
BuildServerWorker.run(BuildServerRunner.java:8)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
INFO - dTriggers.vcs.VcsChangesLoader -
perforce, set version: null

>

That doesn't really mean much to me. I suppose I could try setting
the logging level to something higher to see how it's trying to
connect.

>
>>
>>
>>> >>> myapp for teamserver >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> you should use //depot/myapp/... here ^^ >]]>

That was what I originally had, but just to be sure I set it back, and
got the above message. I also tried changing my port form
localhost:1600 to stevea-gx270:1600 - same message.

>

If you think more verbose logging would help and can show me how to
turn it on, I'll give that a try. I've run out of ideas. I'd love to
get this working as it looks very promising.

>

Thanks!

>

--
-- Steve



0
Comment actions Permalink

"Olesya Smirnova" <Olesya.Smirnova@jetbrains.com> writes:
>"Checkout root" is relative path in working directory (on an agent) and the
>value makes sence if there are several vcs roots. Try to use empty string
>here.

Just tried that - same result.

>BTW, did you define your p4 password for the connection?

Our perforce server doesn't use p4pass. But just to be thorough, I
put in my domain password and got the same result.

If there's some way to enable more verbose logging, that might give me
a clue as to where it's going wrong. Where can I increase the logging
level?

I should have mentioned earlier that I'm using 'Version: 1.0-dev build
1270' on a win xp box for testing purposes.

Thanks for all the help.

--
-- Steve

0
Comment actions Permalink

Unfortunately current version of perforce integration does not support
different verbose level (next version supports "test connection") and all
error messages should be logged into log file if they was thrown from some
vcs operation.
Attached log contains information about cvs only.
Could you attach full log file?

And please try to call this from the command line:
c:\sw\perforce\p4.exe -u stevea -p localhost:1600 -c teamserver changes -m 1
What was the execution result?

Thanks!



"Steve Allan" <takezowest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uslm5m7sa.fsf@attachmatewrq.com...

"Olesya Smirnova" <Olesya.Smirnova@jetbrains.com> writes:

>>"Checkout root" is relative path in working directory (on an agent) and
>>the
>>value makes sence if there are several vcs roots. Try to use empty string
>>here.
>

Just tried that - same result.

>
>>BTW, did you define your p4 password for the connection?
>

Our perforce server doesn't use p4pass. But just to be thorough, I
put in my domain password and got the same result.

>

If there's some way to enable more verbose logging, that might give me
a clue as to where it's going wrong. Where can I increase the logging
level?

>

I should have mentioned earlier that I'm using 'Version: 1.0-dev build
1270' on a win xp box for testing purposes.

>

Thanks for all the help.

>

--
-- Steve



0
Comment actions Permalink

"Olesya Smirnova" <Olesya.Smirnova@jetbrains.com> writes:

>Unfortunately current version of perforce integration does not support
>different verbose level (next version supports "test connection") and all
>error messages should be logged into log file if they was thrown from some
>vcs operation.
>Attached log contains information about cvs only.
>Could you attach full log file?

Ok. It was big so I gzipped it and attached it.

>
>And please try to call this from the command line:
>c:\sw\perforce\p4.exe -u stevea -p localhost:1600 -c teamserver
>changes -m 1 What was the execution result?

$ c:\sw\perforce\p4.exe -u stevea -p localhost:1600 -c teamserver changes -m 1
Change 2 on 2006/06/14 by stevea@teamserver 'Kickstart teamserver. '

>
>Thanks!

Thank you!

--
-- Steve



Attachment(s):
team-server.log.gz
0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, I shut my office door, deleted the project and recreated it
carefully using the web interface. When I looked at the resulting
project-config.xml file, it look ok, except it was missing the in the ]]> section, so I added it. The teamserver/perforce
connection now seems to be working fine.

Thanks.

--
-- Steve

0
Comment actions Permalink

Good news!
Thanks.

"Steve Allan" <takezowest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uhd2fmjhn.fsf@attachmatewrq.com...

Ok, I shut my office door, deleted the project and recreated it
carefully using the web interface. When I looked at the resulting
project-config.xml file, it look ok, except it was missing the <vcs/>
in the <triggers> section, so I added it. The teamserver/perforce
connection now seems to be working fine.

>

Thanks.

>

--
-- Steve



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.