Help - server stuck

Hi,
Subsequent to this bug http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-870 I
can't click on one of my build configurations without the server CPU
shooting to 100%. All other build configs are fine. I suspect there's
something in the build results that is messing things up, where do I go
to clean up a specific build configuration? .BuildServer? one of the
work directories?

Thanks for your help,
R

8 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Robert,

You can try to clean .BuildServer/system directory. But you'll loose all the
database history.

KIR

Robert Gibson wrote:

Hi,
Subsequent to this bug http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-870 I
can't click on one of my build configurations without the server CPU
shooting to 100%. All other build configs are fine. I suspect there's
something in the build results that is messing things up, where do I go
to clean up a specific build configuration? .BuildServer? one of the
work directories?

Thanks for your help,
R



--
Kirill Maximov
Software Developer
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Can you please try to run HSQLDB in standalone and check whether all CPU
goes to database or sever process? To do this change buildServerSpring.xml:

]]>
<!<value>jdbc:hsqldb:file:$TEAMCITY_SYSTEM_PATH/buildserver</value>>
jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/buildserver and start database with java -Xmx256M -cp hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 buildserver -dbname.0 buildserver (execute in .BuildServer/system) before tomcat. "Robert Gibson" ]]> wrote in message
news:efh03f$b4$1@is.intellij.net...

Hi,
Subsequent to this bug http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-870 I can't
click on one of my build configurations without the server CPU shooting to
100%. All other build configs are fine. I suspect there's something in the
build results that is messing things up, where do I go to clean up a
specific build configuration? .BuildServer? one of the work directories?

>

Thanks for your help,
R



0
Comment actions Permalink

What do you mean "clean" it? Delete all the files - like
buildserver.data, buildserver.lck, ... ? I already deleted all the
subdirectories which were pure numbers, but I wasn't too sure about the
rest.
R

Kirill Maximov (JetBrains) wrote:

Hi Robert,

You can try to clean .BuildServer/system directory. But you'll loose
all the
database history.

KIR

Robert Gibson wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Subsequent to this bug http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-870 I
>> can't click on one of my build configurations without the server CPU
>> shooting to 100%. All other build configs are fine. I suspect there's
>> something in the build results that is messing things up, where do I
>> go to clean up a specific build configuration? .BuildServer? one of
>> the work directories?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> R


0
Comment actions Permalink

alexey.gopachenko@jetbrains.com wrote:

Can you please try to run HSQLDB in standalone and check whether all CPU
goes to database or sever process?


It's the DB process.
R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Robert Gibson wrote:

What do you mean "clean" it? Delete all the files - like
buildserver.data, buildserver.lck, ... ? I already deleted all the
subdirectories which were pure numbers, but I wasn't too sure about the
rest.


I meant all the files in .BuildServer/system. After that the database will be recreated
(you'll have to register users again, but configuration settings will remain intact)

Regards,
KIR

R

Kirill Maximov (JetBrains) wrote:

>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> You can try to clean .BuildServer/system directory. But you'll loose
>> all the
>> database history.
>>
>> KIR
>>
>> Robert Gibson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Subsequent to this bug http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-870 I
>>> can't click on one of my build configurations without the server CPU
>>> shooting to 100%. All other build configs are fine. I suspect there's
>>> something in the build results that is messing things up, where do I
>>> go to clean up a specific build configuration? .BuildServer? one of
>>> the work directories?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> R
>>
>>
>>


--
Kirill Maximov
Software Developer
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

OK that did the trick, thanks.
R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Is this information in the documentation somewhere (I couldn't find it)?
It could be useful for someone else and I was only able to find it again
when I wanted to because I knew exactly where to look.
R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Robert Gibson wrote:

Is this information in the documentation somewhere (I couldn't find it)?
It could be useful for someone else and I was only able to find it again
when I wanted to because I knew exactly where to look.
R

No, this setup is used only internally for diagnostic purposes.

--
Alexey Gopachenko
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.