Problems Upgrading to 3602 Using MySQL

I am unable to upgrade from previous versions of TC to 3602. I'm using RHEL4 for the server.

I have problems (different problems) upgrading from both 1730 and 3414.

From 1730 - It says it cannot find the table "remember_me". The table does not exist in 1730. I don't know if the upgrader did not trigger and create the table, but something goes wrong.

From 3414, the problem I get is - Unknown column 'IS_CANCELED' in 'where clause'.

I can send more details or create a Jira issue if necessary. Just let me know.

I was able to start from scratch on a clean database.

--Tim

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Tim,

Which version of MysqlDB do you use? We tested upgrade only with 5.0.22.
The issue with IS_CANCELED is known for Mysql 4.11.

We'll try our best to verify next EAP upgrade in more combinations of database/TeamCity build.

Regards,
KIR

0
Comment actions Permalink

4.1.20 (default for RHEL4).

Upgrade failed again with 3654. remember_me missing.

--Tim

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Tim,

I have just tried to upgrade small database from 1.1.1 to latest Agra build (with MySQL 4.1) - and cannot reproduce the problem so far.

Can you please describe whether you did any backup/restore to the database and server config folder (.BuildServer) before upgrading?

e.g. "Table 'teamcitylatest.remember_me' doesn't exist" error can appear if .BuildServer version is newer then the database version. Could this happen to your configuration somehow?

--
Best regards,

Yegor Yarko
Quality Assurance Engineer
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ahhh. That might be it. Here's what I think happened.

- Running 1.1.1.
- Tried to upgrade to 3602. See problems in first entry.
- This upgraded my .BuildServer directory, but failed with the database.
- Wiped database and started from scratch.
- 3654 comes out.
- Initialized database with backup from production 1.1.1.
- Tried to upgrade.

I can reset .BuildServer, also, just didn't realize I needed to.

I'll test it out with the next EAP. Reset .BuildServer to 1.1.1. Reset the database to 1.1.1. Upgrade.

Thanks.

--Tim

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.