TeamCity Configuration

Hi,

I am trying to do a trial upgrade (4.0 > 4.5) on a clone of our TeamCity production server, and I couldnt get the clone environment to work.

We are hosting the current production TeamCity Server on VM Infrastructure, and conencting to an external MS SQL DB.

The following are the procedures that I try to clone the environment:

1.) I have clone the TeamCity Server with VM Infrastructure with another hostname with the same settings and same content in the harddrive; then I Clone the TeamCity DB.

2.) Then I edit the hostname in server rootURL in main-config.xml as the new hostname of cloned teamcity server, and change the database path in database.properties to points to the clone of TeamCity DB.


After I restart the TeamCity Server, it shows:

HTTP Status 404 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/6.0.18



Is there any steps that I miss? I have attached logs here. And I have no direction atm. Please advice.

Many thanks,
Tom



Attachment(s):
teamcity-server.log
teamcity-activities.log
stdout_20090505.log
localhost.2009-05-05.log
catalina.2009-05-05.log
4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

In logs there is exception with message: Invalid column name 'build_id'. Most likely exception was thrown on attempt to execute the following statement: select MAX(build_id) from server
Could you please check that "server" table has "build_id" column. This error can also be caused by case sensitive collation specified for TeamCity database. If so, please reconfigure database to be case insensitive.

0
Comment actions Permalink

pavel.sher wrote:

In logs there is exception with message: Invalid column name 'build_id'. Most likely exception was thrown on attempt to execute the following statement: select MAX(build_id) from server
Could you please check that "server" table has "build_id" column. This error can also be caused by case sensitive collation specified for TeamCity database. If so, please reconfigure database to be case insensitive.


"Server" table looks like this:

SERVER_ID       | BUILD_ID
1228705034895   | 5767


I have changed the database config from Latin1_Genreal_CS_AI to Latin1_Genreal_CI_AI, and it still shows the same problem.

Please advice if I can do anything for further investigation.


Kind regards,
Thomas

EDIT: It seems that I have to switch the existing fields manually rather than just change from CS to CI. I am trying to update the complete database and will update shortly.



Attachment(s):
localhost.2009-05-07.log
stdout_20090507.log
jakarta_service_20090507.log
catalina.2009-05-07.log
teamcity-server.log
0
Comment actions Permalink

I think you will need to recreate database if you want to change collation to be case insensitive. Usually changing of the config is not enough.

0
Comment actions Permalink

pavel.sher wrote:

I think you will need to recreate database if you want to change collation to be case insensitive. Usually changing of the config is not enough.


Thanks. After recreation of DB I am able to get the clone of TeamCity working. Many thanks!!!

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.