* Create a project, let's call it MyLib. As the name implies, it's a library.
* Create another project, let's call it MyApp. Assume that it uses MyLib.
* For obvious reasons, set MyLib to be a dependency of MyApp.
* Configure both projects so that they trigger when changes are checked into version control.
* Ensure the option "Do not run new build if there is a suitable one" is set for all the projects.
* Both projects rebuild once.
* Both projects rebuild, but MyLib rebuilds twice. This is redundant because it is rebuilding exactly the same thing twice.
This used to work correctly in version 5.0. Although the library projects were listed multiple times in the build queue, they were nonetheless actually rebuilt only once. But with version 5.1 RC2 (build 13340), we are seeing the above behaviour despite the fact that the option "Do not run new build if there is a suitable one" is still set.
I have to say I find it hard to think of a scenario in which anyone would actually want TeamCity to rebuild exactly the same thing multiple times.
Is there a way to prevent this behaviour, perhaps an option I overlooked?