"Can run on No Agents" even though it should


I'm running TeamCity 6.5.3 and for many release now I've been having this problem: Build configs whose "Time to start" are marked as Never: Can run on No agent.

This has always been annoying, but the build would be run anyway, so I figured this was most probably a known bug that you were working on.  I was hoping that 6.5.3 would fix this, but it didn't.

I have configured one of the problematic build to run on a different agent, and since then the build has not ran a single time as it is stuck in the build queue.  Now the "Never" Time to start is right: it never starts.  I have cleaned the whole build queue a couple of times, tried to force it to run, to no avail.

I have reconfigured it to run on the previous agent and it seems ok.  It is still telling me it will Never be run, but there is a "Can run on 1 agent" at least.  I don't know why this is any different than the previously assigned agent.  That one was reported as compatible all right too, no conflict in the requirements, I don't get it.

I don't know what causes this and would very much like it to be fixed.  I am considering downgrading the version of TeamCity until I found one where this seems to work, but the annoying first part has been there for so long, that I don't remember when we first noticed it.

Comment actions Permalink

Are you aware of this problem?

I am available to test/provide logs or anything to help you diagnose this.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Pascal

Look at tooltip on "Never".
The message should explain the reasons. Maybe your problem build depends on some other configurations that do no thave compatible agents.


Comment actions Permalink

We have 13 agents and all of our build configs are configured to run on 1 and only 1 agent at a time.

When I configure one of the problematic builds on a certain agent (let's call it 'A'), they are reported with a Time to start at 'Never' like this (item #12):

Builds 10 and 11 are added because of the dependency chain.  All of these 3 builds are configured to run on agent A.  Even though it tells that it will "Never" run, it will.  I hadn't reported this before cause it was a nuisance, but would still work.

I then remove these 3 builds from the queue and then I configure it (item #12) to run only on agent 'B' (build 12 is a build that retrieve artefacts from other build configs and run some tests on them, so it is not machine dependent), this is what I get:

Item #11 is the same as before, but now has No agents even though I didn't change anything about that one, and #12 is reported as having no agents either.  They will forever stay in the queue in this state although there is one agent that is compatible as you can see here: (VMMOBUILD08 is our agent 'B')

Hope this is clearer.

- In some case some builds are reported as "Never" even though they will be done
- In some other cases some builds are reported as having no compatible agents, even though they have

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Pascal

Unfortunatelly images were not saved correctly.
Please check that issues TW-15224 and TW-17561 cover your cases.



Please sign in to leave a comment.