Error looking up artifact dependency on MacOSX agent?

Hello,

Long story short, I have the following projects:

  • a project which builds the trunk on several platforms (the project is called trunk-build)
    • the trunk-build :: build configuration generates an archive artifact with all the binaries
  • a project which runs unit tests on several platforms (the project is called trunk-unit-tests)
    • the configurations for the unit tests are all inherited from a template (trunk-unit-tests :: unit-test), which links to the trunk-build :: build configuration, with both snapshot and artifact dependencies.


I have an agent installed on a Mac Mini, which serves to both the building and testing of Mac OS X binaries. However, while the build process runs successfully on this agent, I have a problem when running the unit tests. I always get this error:

[20:09:48]: Resolving artifact dependencies
[20:09:48]: [Resolving artifact dependencies] Failed to download artifact dependency <trunk-build :: build (build with id: 780)>:
Error looking up artifact dependency.
Cannot find build with id: 780 in build configuration "trunk-build :: build".
This error can be caused by one of the following reasons:
- build referenced in the dependency does not exist
- build configuration does not exist
- build server URL is not specified correctly on the server configuration page
- there is not enough permissions to access this build configuration (jetbrains.buildServer.artifacts.ResolvingFailedException)


Obviously, the other configurations which are inherited from the trunk-unit-tests :: unit-test template get it right. For example, I quote from the log of the trunk-unit-tests :: unit-test-linux-x86_64-glibc23 configuration:

[Resolving artifact dependencies] Artifact build.zip downloaded from <trunk-build :: build (build with id: 780)>
and unpacked to /home/asdev/compile/buildAgent/work/f4338574ab012733/bin/linux-x86_64-glibc23/release (32 files)


The agent on the MacOSX machine (and on all linux machines, for that matter) is (and has always been) started with normal user privileges.

Help?

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Bram, sorry for the delay.

Which version of TeamCity are you using?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Which version of TeamCity are you using?

I'm currently using TeamCity 6.0.2.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Could you please reproduce this issue and attach teamcity-server.log (located on teamcity server) and teamcity-agent.log (located on you mac agent) files.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Could you please reproduce this issue and attach teamcity-server.log (located on teamcity server) and teamcity-agent.log (located on you mac agent) files.

I have done the following:

  1. cleaned the logs for the MacOSX agent
  2. started the test for the MacOSX agent
  3. saved the logs:
    • The server log: teamcity-server-after-macosx.log
    • The agent log: teamcity-agent-macosx.log
  4. cleaned the logs for the Linux agent
  5. started the test for the Linux agent
  6. saved the logs:
    • The server log: teamcity-server-after-osx-and-linux.log (this includes the contents of teamcity-server-after-macosx.log above)
    • The agent log: teamcity-agent-linux.log


I attached the logs to an archive.

Hope this helps!



Attachment(s):
teamcity-logs.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you very much for the logs!

May I ask you to do one more Mac agent run, but with debug log level enabled?

To enable debug looging for build agent, please edit <agent home>/conf/teamcity-agent-log4j.xml file.
Find two lines, marked with  <!--DELETE THIS LINE FOR ENABLING DEBUG LOGGING--> and delete them (this will uncomment xml statement <priority value="DEBUG"/>)

Then re-start failing configuration and send me teamcity-agent.log.

Thank you.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you very much for the logs!

May I ask you to do one more Mac agent run, but with debug log level enabled?

To enable debug looging for build agent, please edit <agent home>/conf/teamcity-agent-log4j.xml file.
Find two lines, marked with  <!--DELETE THIS LINE FOR ENABLING DEBUG LOGGING--> and delete them (this will uncomment xml statement <priority value="DEBUG"/>)

Then re-start failing configuration and send me teamcity-agent.log.

Thank you.

Done.



Attachment(s):
teamcity-agent.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you.

Could you pleas enable server side debug logging as described here, reproduce an issue and attach teamcity-server.log?

0
Comment actions Permalink
  1. I turned on debugging with the "debug-all" level
  2. I reproduced the issue
  3. I stripped the log off the routine checks (configuration checks, agent pings, etc.), which are periodical throughout the log
  4. I attached the remainder of the log


I took a look myself, and I could not find anything relevant about this. Maybe you can.

P.S. I'm very sorry about the delayed answer, I'm doing my best.

Thanks!



Attachment(s):
teamcity-server-stripped.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

I am also experiencing the same issue only on MAC OSX build agents. Is there a solution for this issue?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Mike,

Seems like it's better to investigate your issue separately.
Can you please create an issue in our tracker and provide all the relevant details, including:
- TeamCity version used
- exact message in the build log and the relevant part of agent log
- setting of the relevant artifact dependnecy
- screenshots from the web UI illustrating that the build should actually be found.

Also, the same data for the agents not experiencein the issue would be helpful.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Unfortunately, we can not diagnose the problem using log files from 6.0.x version of TeamCity. Please, try upgrading to 6.5
If you face this error on 6.5, we will be glad to get detailed information and debug logs.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.