I am trying to get an instance of the Teamcity 7 EAP up and running, to get everyone here to move off of CC :) I am getting an error on first run, and it asks for the log files to get the admin token to see the error, but I can't find them anywhere. I had 6.5 up for a day, before deciding to see about 7, but am no longer running it. I never did find the logs for that one either.
- Ubuntu 11.04 Headless
- Tomcat 6 - manual WAR install (drop in /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps
- Tomcat Home : /usr/share/tomcat6
- Catalina Base: /var/lib/tomcat6
- Catalina Home: /etc/tomcat6
- I created a logs directory at /usr/share/tomcat6/logs and gave it to the tomcat6 group with +rwx permissions, but nothings shows up in there.
- For 6.5 I had to create /usr/share/tomcat6/.BuildServer manually, before team city would run.
Are there any system setup steps that I should do to make this work? All I done is install the tomcat6-* packages via apt-get, and other associated bits, so nothing else has been touched on the box.
p.s. Am i crazy, or is the way tomcat is splayed across the system odd? I didn't have any issues last time (v5), or on windows. The docs/admin all go in /usr/share/tomcat6-manager (docs/etc), only /etc/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost gets added xml files for them. And the home directory is /usr/share/tomcat6? with only root having permissions?