has anyone of you an idea. I recently setup a bigger build server with TeamCity 7.0. Now a have a problem with depend configurations. What have I done:
1. Setup a project: compile, check, test, deploy
2. Setup dependencies:
- deploy depents on compile, check, test
- check and test depends on compile
3. Setup Build Trigger
compile should start on vcs changes
check and test should start on dependency changes
deploy is started manually
4. Defined a parameter for the for the versionnumber, for the deploy. When you run, you get a prompt and you have to enter the versionnumber
5. Added an assemblypatcher to the deploy build steps
Now my problem is, that the assemblypatcher patches great, if i have it in the compile-step, because it seems, that it patches the projectfile itself before compiling. During deploy I just copy the files which were compiled during compile, but the patch of the assembly version is not done.
So I have to find another way to set my versionnumber to the compilestep, which isn't to easy. Share the buildnumber from deploy to compile is not possible. (with %dep.....%). If the compile step ist startet from the VCS change it will not work.
Does someone has another idea?