Does anybody have any information on reccommendations configuration and setup of the TeamCity server in a large scale enterprise environment?
- Is there any sort of minimum hardware required for TC or is there an optimal configuration?
- I will be using a database with TeamCity and I was wondering if the DB should be installed on another machine or the same machine as TC?
- In addition to the database, how much additional diskspace should I plan for on the server?
- How should I handle providing maximum uptime on the server for things like applying OS patches that need a reboot?
- Should I have multple network connections on the server and can TC handle using multple connections or should I go with a fiber connection?
- Has anybody run the TC server on a VM? What is the performance like? I am looking into VMWare as an option because of their High Availibility ( VMWare HA ) option in vSphere. This gives you a real time backup of the server if the first VM goes down. It would be nice if TeamCity had some sort of backup server that could mirror the main server and pickup the load if the main server goes down. That would be a huge advantage over some of the other build systems out there.
- Is there anything else that I should be aware of or consider?
Thanks in advance.