Redirect from / to /login.html ignores Server Url global setting

I am not sure, but it may be related to what this other person has found.
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-22867

I am testing Teamcity 7.04 (build 21474).

In the Global Configuration, the "Server URL:" is configured with the value "https://teamcity.mydomain.com"

When I type into a browser "https://teamcity.mydomain.com" it gets redirected to "http://teamcity.mydomain.com/login.html"

Because it drops the "s", the page fails to load.


I observed that if I adjust the address to "http://teamcity.mydomain.com/login.html", I am then able to successfully log in.  After that point, since my session is established, I can type "https://teamcity.mydomain.com" and everything works as expected.

I believe there is something broken with the initial redirect to the logon page.  It isn't honoring the Server URL global setting.

Thanks,
Ken

3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I made a typo in the post above.  And it was significant enough that it may have caused confusion.  The line should read:

I observed that if I adjust the address to "https://teamcity.mydomain.com/login.html", I am then able to successfully log in.  After that point, since my session is established, I can type "https://teamcity.mydomain.com" and everything works as expected.

The difference is the "s" in the first URL.

Thanks,
Ken

0
Comment actions Permalink

I think this is also preventing me from being able to connect new build agents.  For example, I installed a new windows build agent client on a server.  In the config file I specified https://teamciy.mydomain.com and it started the service.
However, from the webgui>Agents section, the new server does not show up under "Connected", "Disconnected", or "Unauthorized".

0
Comment actions Permalink

For what its worth, we found the problem exibited on several pages, not just the login page.

For example, when editing the configuration for a build, on the right side of the page are the numbered 1-8 configuration steps.  We found about half of these failed to redirect properly, while others were fine.

The good news is that the problem only seemed to manifest in version 7.04 and once we went to version 7.1 the issue was gone.

Resolved by upgrading to 7.1

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.