I just lost all of my Team City configurations. Need to know if it's possible to get them back.
I have TC server installed on a linux machine, and second TC agent on a windows machine. I was installing a python plugin from the following site: https://code.google.com/p/teamcity-python/.
https://code.google.com/p/teamcity-python/When I downloaded and placed the zip file in the /<TC Data Directory>/Plugins folder, and re-started the TC service, it initialized my data directory. Now it's asking me to create a new admin account. I think i have lost all of my
Here's are my steps, if this helps anyone figure out what happened:
1. upload python.zip to my linux server
2. place python.zip in /<TC Data Directory>/Plugins folder on the linux machine
3. stopped TC service by executing "> Teamcity_7.1/bin/runall.sh stop"
at this point it told me that the JAVA_HOME directory is not set (i had set it weeks ago when i first set up the server, but now the env variable seems to have disappeared).
4. I tried to restart the service (as you see above) by running "> Teamcity_7.1/bin/runall.sh start" but it complained again about the JAVA_HOME not being defined, and would not start the service.
5. I created the JAVA_HOME variable and pointed it to my java installation. Then tried starting the service again. This time it worked.
6. Then, I stopped and started the service again, just for good measure. Guess i just wanted to make sure the JAVA_HOME didn't disappear again.
There's something about the buldagent.properties.lock. Can someone explain to me what that means?
7. Then, when I finally browsed to the TeamCity home page, it told me it was initializing the Data Directory, and then showed me this:
Does this mean all the TC projects and configurations i had created are gone for good? Is there any way to recover them?? (No, i had not made a back up of the configurations, and yes i am kicking myself now.)
Any kind of help is appreciated!