* Windows platform
* TeamCity 8.1 (just installed, 2 days into learning it)
* Visual Studio 2013 solution (C++ & .NET, very, very large)
The solution & project files are generated by code. I was hoping to have a build that generates these files and propagates them to subsequent builds to distribute to other build clients.
What I set up was the following:
* Top level project
* VCS Root as part of the project
* Build configuration to generate the projects and solutions
* Build configuration to build the code which has a snapshot dependency on the project generation step (so the chained builds do show up correctly). This build is configured to trigger on P4 submissions.
When running unfortunately the generation of the projects and solutions don't appear to propagate to the subsequent build config. Is there a step I'm missing? Am I approaching this the wrong way? Note that the code is from a 3rd party so I cannot trivially change it to behave differently.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!