I have a very strange issue with personal build patch disappearing while running a personal build:
* I have some uncommited changes in Visual Studio 2012
* Using the VS plugin, I configure a personal build and start a valid one (with pre-tested commit unchecked)
* The build starts in TeamCity 8.0.4 (build 27616)
* Looking at the build log, it's clear that the sources are updated with my patch:
[12:56:22][Updating sources] Personal changes transferred: 1.08 MB total
[12:56:22][Updating sources] add: 'D:\TC\d44514e3fea49cc\<valid path>'
[12:56:22][Updating sources] replace: 'D:\TC\d44514e3fea49cc\<valid path>'
* Adding a build step at the start of the build process, that copies the whole directory structure, I could confirm that the sources were actually updated with my patch.
* The MSBuild step runs, and it fails. The failure is obviously because the MSBuild step is using the original sources, i.e. ignoring my patch(!)
Has anyone experienced this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated.