I'm working on some Powershell scripts to automatically sync my backup TC server. I'm planning on doing the following:
- using MaintainDB backup to create the backup file on the production server (without stopping the TC Service).
- zipping all the changed files in the Artifact folder
- have the backup server, pull the backup created by MaintainDB and the zipped artifacts.
- unzip the artifacts to the Artifacts folder.
- restore the database via the MaintainDB command.
Since I don't intend to stop the production TC instance to do the backup, which will be the better choice MaintainDB or the REST Interface.
I'm not concerned that running or queued builds will be excluded from the backup.
If I use the REST interface is there a way to restrict a specific user to only the backup function? Can I use an API Key instead of a specific username/password?