I have a git-based multi-module Maven project. I want to only rebuild/test changed modules and their dependencies. Checkbox "Build only modules affected by changes" does not work for me *and* does not provide enough control over build configuration.
Is it possible to reimplement it using TeamCity's build configuration dependencies?
- Module A is very slow to build and test, almost never changes
- Modules B and C depend on A, are fast to build and test, change often
- Module D depends on B and C
I've read articles about dependencies and build chains in TeamCity and don't quite get how should I setup my builds.
- How should I configure three build configurations that would mimic what "build only modules affected" already does out of the box?
- Is it possible to run build configs for B and C in parallel?
- I'm ready to manage additional complexity of getting build configurations A, B, C and D to speed up my builds enough.