Autoincrementer plugin with TeamCity 6.5 EAP Follow
I'm trying to use the autoincrementer plugin with TeamCity 6.5 EAP (build 17521), however it doesn't seem to do anything - it leaves just an empty string in the build number (e.g. 2.0.%autoinc.ABC_TRUNK%.0 results in 2.0..0). In addition the latest build for the plugin under TeamCity 6.x is broken. Is there any chance it could be fixed for this build? We're really liking the changes in the new build, but I'm dubious to go to it wholesale just yet as we're relying autoincrementer for build numbers!
Thanks & Regards,
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Bump... anybody from JetBrains willing to fix the problem? Last check-in on autoincrementer was by pavel.sher, build output is here: http://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewLog.html?tab=buildLog&buildTypeId=bt287&buildId=45856?
I'd fix it myself if I had access to the repo :)
I fixed the build on teamcity.jetbrains.com. For 6.5 version you can use this build:
For versions 5.0.x - 6.0.x:
Thanks for that Pavel. Unfortunately it still doesn't work... I'm wondering if it has something to do with our use of build templates - the %autoinc.ABC_TRUNK% syntax works just fine if used in a standard build configuration, but breaks if we use it in a template. Any ideas?
This is definitely not working in the latest TeamCity 6.5 EAP (build 17704) either. I'm not sure whether this is a bug I should log against the plugin or against TeamCity itself. Can you advise?
Thanks & Regards,
Is it possible to create a very simple build configuration where this problem can be reproduced? We are using this plugin internally, and it works fine. Probably there is some specific in your case, would be great to have project-config.xml where this problem reproduces.
As luck would have it that pushed me in the direction needed to fix the issue! I think when the plugin was not working the individual build configurations picked up %autoinc.ABC_TRUNK% as a configuration parameter and they were each populated with <empty>. When a working version of the plugin was re-instated the local version of the parameter was used and so we got build numbers with a missing value!
I've gone through and removed all the spurious parameters and now everything is working :).
Thanks very much for your help and for producing the best build server around!