Builds go to queue without running after migration from HQSLDB to MySQL?

I just ran the migration from the HQSLDB to MySQL.  It seemed to go fine without any errors.  The TC server came back up and all projects, agents, etc. and historical data appear to be present.  However, now when I run a build, the build goes to the queue and doesn't run - even when several compatible agents are available.

Any ideas?  The builds are still sitting there in the queue without any reason as to why they are in the queue instead of running.

Thanks in advance.


Comment actions Permalink

I started looking at the log files for additional information.  The migration seemed to complete successfully even though it had a warning related to two records being truncated due to some special characters during the restore.  I then started noticing the following errors in the server log after the builds went into the queue:

[2011-11-13 19:41:37,190]  ERROR -   jetbrains.buildServer.SERVER - Error occurred while starting build

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Database might be corrupted.
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildIdGenerator.updateId(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildIdGenerator.getNextId(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl.startBuild(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl.access$700(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl$
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.cleanup.ServerCleanupManagerImpl.executeWithInactiveCleanup(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.cleanup.ServerCleanupManagerImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ba2c8525.invoke(<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(
at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.auth.TeamCityMethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(
at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$FixedChainStaticTargetInterceptor.intercept(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.cleanup.ServerCleanupManagerImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$37353c67.executeWithInactiveCleanup(<generated>)
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerImpl.flushQueue(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$2.doSomething(
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.BuildServerRunner$

I then deleted the database, fixed the errors complained about in the truncation log, and restored the db again without any warnings or errors.  When I brought up the server application and tried to start another build I got the same corruption errors as above again.

Thanks in advance for any help.


Comment actions Permalink

Hi Lee

Could you please post a full teamcity-server.log, including upgrade and build start periods.


Comment actions Permalink


I posted the server log.  The last time I shut down and brought the server back up was 2011-11-13 20:53:43,704

Shortly after that at 2011-11-13 20:57:39,887 is when I started seeing the "db is corrupt" messages.


Comment actions Permalink

I was finally able to get this issue resolved after uninstalling and resinstalling the MySQL db.  There was a problem accessing and writing to the

database which was causing the db to become corrupted.

Now, since I was able to successfully migrate to MySQL and upgrade to teamcity 6.5.5 I have other out of memory and Starteam VCS problems.


Please sign in to leave a comment.